New Ford Figo is the hatchback version of Figo Aspire sedan which was recently launched. It replaces the old Figo which was launched in 2010. Ford tasted good success with its old Figo. Lets see how Ford came up with this latest Figo and how competent enough the product is with respect to competitors.
The Exteriors of Figo are similar to Aspire except for the boot design. Front fascia, Alloy wheels and side profile including the front and rear doors are carried over from Aspire. Overall the Figo scores well in its looks.
|Reference : Aspire|
Interiors of Figo are also carried over from Aspire. The only difference one can observe is the Interior color theme. Figo have all black Interiors while Aspire comes in Black+Light oak treatment. Chrome finishes are observed for dashboard elements of Figo while piano black treatment is used for Aspire. Interior space is best in the segment which is achieved by long wheelbase of 2491 mm. However, interior quality of Figo is not as good as Hyundai Grand i10. Fit & finish levels are acceptable.
|Reference: Aspire Interiors|
2015 Ford Figo Mileage:
1.2-litre Petrol – 18.16 kmpl
1.5-litre Petrol- 18 kmpl
1.5-litre Diesel- 25.83 kmpl
- Ford Figo comes in 3 engine options- 1.2-litre & 1.5-litre Petrol and 1.5-litre Diesel which are same as in Aspire.
- 1.2-litre Petrol is mated to 5-speed manual transmission which produces power of 88 PS and 112 Nm of torque with a mileage of 18.16 kmpl
- 1.5-litre Petrol is mated to 6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission (DCT) which produces power of 115 PS and 136 Nm with a mileage of 18 kmpl
- 1.5-litre Diesel is mated to 5-speed Manual transmission which produces 100 PS of power and 215 Nm of Torque with a mileage of 25.83 kmpl
Some of the interesting points to note in the Powertrain of Figo are:
1. 6-speed DCT offering for 1.5L petrol is first of its offering in the segment and Diesel
2. 1.5L diesel has best in class mileage of 25.83 kmpl
|6-speed DCT in 1.5L Petrol|
Ford Figo is rich in terms of feature offering and one can assume that these features as one of the main USPs for Figo. Whats good to notice here is that Ford has provided more number of safety features for Figo. Safety features include 6 Airbags, ABS with EBD, security alarm, Emergency Assistance, Hill launch assist and Electronic Stability program (ESP).
Some of the segment first features include Ford SYNC, Ford Dock and Ford My Key are also provided for Figo. Interesting thing is that some of the comfort features like Rear camera, parking sensors, Electro chromic Mirror etc are provided as accessories by Ford for Figo. It is good to notice that safety features are given priority over these comfort features for managing the costs.
|Ford SYNC (high trim)|
|Ford Dock (Mid trim)|