November is another good month for the automobile industry with passenger vehicle sales of around 2,35,994 units. Industry showed a growth of around 11.5% compared to last year November when the sales are 2,11,601 units. Hyundai, Maruti, Ford, Mahindra, Renault and Datsun showed positive growth compared to last year November.
Maruti Suzuki – Maruti showed a growth of around 10.6% due to its new successful launches Baleno and S-cross. Models like Alto, Dzire, WagonR, Swift and Baleno stood in Top 10 best selling list.
Hyundai – Hyundai witnessed a good positive growth of 22.9%, thanks to its models Creta and Elite i20 which are huge success. Grand i10 is also performing quite well by garnering good numbers even dominating Swift in this month. Grand i10, Elite i20 and Eon stood in Top 10 best selling list this month. Creta missed in the Top 10 due to reduction in deliveries due to heavy rains that struck Chennai.
Honda – Honda witnessed negative growth due to fall in the sales of models like Mobilio and Brio. However, City and Amaze continue to perform well despite Honda’s negative growth.
Mahindra – Mahindra showed good growth due to its recent successful launch TUV3oo. TUV3oo outperformed Ecosport in the under 4m SUV segment. Mahindra showed a good 38.5% growth for the month of November compared to previous year.
Tata – Tata is seeing its rough patch due to drop in the sales of its new models Zest and Bolt. There are trying their hard to come out of that Taxi image they have created for themselves but the numbers are not encouraging their efforts.
Toyota – Toyota is also not performing well due to fall in the sales of its Toyota which is its bread and butter product. Toyota witnessed a fall of 15.6% in its sales in this November.
Other Manufacturers –
- Ford is showing good positive signs after the launch of Figo siblings – New Figo and Figo Aspire
- Renault had their sales rocketing after the launch of Kwid which is selling more than 5,000 units per month
- GM could not attract customers with their new Trailblazer instead witnessed a fall in their sales
- Fiat could not excite the customers with their Abarth Punto and Abarth Avventura resulting in fall in sales
- VW is facing severe crisis even in India after their diesel gate scandal that shocked the whole Automobile Industry.
- Nissan could not entertain the buyers with their old models piling up in the dealer-yards.