Indian Auto Industry continued to perform well even after the end of festive season. Newly launched vehicles performed well this month which helped the manufacturers to post good sales numbers. Now we will see the Top 10 list of best selling vehicles in the month of November 2015.
10. Mahindra Bolero (6,875 units) – Mahindra Bolero is in the 10th place by selling about 6,875 units. It can be termed as the oldest SUV in India which continues to sell well. Majority of the sales for this SUV will come from rural areas. It is the only SUV in the Top 10 list in this month and also only vehicle from the Mahindra line-up. Creta used to be in the Top 10 list previous month but this time may be due to heavy rains in Chennai deliveries of Creta might be affected pushing it out of Top 10 best selling vehicles list.
9. Maruti Celerio (6,956 units) – Maruti Celerio which is the first vehicle with AMT technology continues to sell well. Maruti recently introduced diesel engine for Celerio making it the cheapest diesel vehicle in India. However, majority of the sales of Celerio are contributed by AMT variants.
8. Hyundai Eon (7,154 units) – After a long time, Eon once again rocked into Top 10 list with 7154 units. Many of us has thought that Eon would go down drastically after the launch of Kwid. But surprisingly the sales of Eon improved after the launch of Kwid. City buyers play a major role in the good sales of Eon.
7. Maruti Baleno (9,074 units) – Maruti’s newly launched Baleno entered into Top 10 list for the first time. It is priced just ~30K more than Swift which attracted many of the customers. However, there is a fall in the sales of the swift due to cannibalization with Baleno. Safety features like Dual Airbags and ABS which are provided as standard for Baleno are the major USPs for it.
6. Hyundai Elite i20 (10,074 units) – Elite i20 is the first choice for the buyers who need premium hatch in India. It is continuing its dream run which more than 10K units being sold every month. Styling, Interior quality and Features are the major USPs for Elite i20.
Note – Sales of Elite i20 are the combination of both Elite i20 and i20 Active.
5. Maruti Swift (11,879 units) – Swift stood at 5th place this month in the best selling vehicles list. Although it is in the list, it witnessed a fall in its sales due to recently launched Baleno. Normally the sales of Swift would be above 16k but in the November they were dropped to below 12k units.
4. Hyundai Grand i10 (12,899 units) – Grand i10 for the first time dominated Swift with almost 13,000 units being sold in the month of November. Although Ford Figo is launched Grand i10 is performing well and it is evident by its numbers.
3. Maruti WagonR (13,986 units) – WagonR stood in the third place in the best selling vehicles list with 13,986 units being sold in November. This boxy hatchback is famous for its space in offer and reliability that the Maruti offers. Recently Maruti has launched optional safety pack for WagonR.
2. Maruti Swift Dzire (18,826 units) – Dzire is the most desired sedan in India. It continues to be in either first or second place in most sold vehicles in India. Dzire tour is also sold well after the rise of these Ubers and Olas in India. Maruti brand trust among customers is the major thing which drive the sales for this notchback1. Maruti Alto (21,995 units) – Maruti Alto is in the first place with 21,995 units being sold in India.Recently it croosed Maruti 800 to become top in the best selling vehicles list. Although it is not so attractive with its looks, many first time buyers still look down for Alto as their first option.
Note – The sales of Alto are the combination of both Alto 800 and Alto K10.