Audi launched the new R8 V10 Plus in India which was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 this year.The 5.2 litre V10 powered Audi R8 Plus is priced Rs 2.60 crore ex-showroom Karnataka. The car features Audi’s Quattro along with a 5.2 FSI V10 mid-engine that churns out 610 hp. The car is capable of going from 0-blurr (100km/h) in just 3.2 seconds. Audi claims that the top speed of the new R8 is 330 km/h.
- Engine Type – Petrol Engine
- Engine Description- 5.2-litre 601.4bhp 40V Petrol Engine
- Engine Displacement(cc)- 5204
- No. of Cylinders- 10
- Maximum Power- 601.4bhp@ 8250rpm
- Maximum Torque- 560Nm @ 6500rpm
- Transmission Type- Automatic
- Gear box- 7 speed
- Drive Type- AWD
- Acceleration (0-100 kmph)- 3.2 Seconds
- Top Speed-205 KmphApart from the mammoth engine and power output the Audi R8 V10 Plus also offers features like cylinder on demand, casting mode, dual fuel injection and a 13% lower fuel consumption than the previous R8 in India.The car has a seven-speed S-tronic sift-by-wire transmission system and high performance ceramic brakes. There is also Audi Drive Select dynamic handling system in place with four standard modes and three additional performance modes.
R8 V10 Plus is smartly priced. In performance it is close to Ferrari 488 GTB and Lamborghini Huracan, but both of these are far more expensive. And while the Porsche 911 might have attained a cult status, it doesn’t quite match the R8 V10 Plus in performance and/or exclusivity. Lastly, because it is an Audi, the R8 V10 Plus does enjoy the kind of after-sales support its competitors don’t.
Check out the Audi R8 V10 Plus video from here: